|"A Day to Remember" Butterfly Release|
Service will include reading the names of those honored or remembered with the purchase of a butterfly. A butterfly can be purchased for $15.00 in honor of in memory of a loved one. We will notify one individual for each person being remembered. Butterflies are stored and released by the Associates of the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg.
Butterflies can be purchased through the Associate Office: 812.933.6439 or 812.933.6457. Click here to copy form and mail in: Butterfly Release Form
To buy butterflies online, please click "Make Donation" tab above, then click "donate online" and complete per instructions below:
2. "Use My Gift For" please scroll to and select "Associate Program". Then please provide the individual's address so we can send a card and invite them to attend.
3. In the "comments" section you can add more names/addresses to honor or remember.
- Persons 21 years of age, ordinarily, or older
- Married couples
- Single women and men
- Catholics, as well as, persons from other religious traditions.
- To allow Sisters and Associates to explore together a call from God.
- To enable both the Congregation and the Associates to give mutual support in their commitment to living out the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- To share in mutuality with the Sisters, our gifts of the Spirit and to allow ourselves to be enriched with the gifts of others in the Church.
- To share in the mission and prayer of the Congregation.
WHAT DO ASSOCIATES DO?
- Meet regularly with a Contact Person
- Gather regularly with a group of other Associates and Sisters where possible
- Attend community events at Oldenburg when possible
- Try to integrate Franciscan values into every aspect of their lives
- Experience ongoing mutual support in faith and ministry
WHAT STEPS DO I TAKE TO BECOME AN ASSOCIATE?
- Pray to know how God is calling you
- Visit with an Oldenburg Franciscan Sister or Associate
- Contact the Associate Office
DIRECTION FROM THE ASSOCIATE OFFICE
Becoming an Associate is not like joining a club or even a church community. The decision to make an Associate commitment with a specific community is a life decision. Making this commitment is choosing a direction from which later decisions and relationships follow.
What is the Oldenburg Associates' Spiritual Growth Fund?
The Spiritual Growth Fund is designated monies that have been set aside to help Associates who are experiencing financial difficulties and cannot afford to attend spiritual growth programs such as retreats, prayer days, gatherings, etc. This fund is established and maintained through Associate donations. All Associates of the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, are eligible to apply for money from this fund if they are in financial need. To apply, an Associate can call the Associate Office (1.812.933.6439) or email the Associate Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application. The completed application can be returned to the office by email or postal at least 30 days before the event. Print out the application by clicking here: Scholarship Application
ASSOCIATE BOARD MEMBERS: Bill Daily, Judy Ann Dye, Karen Fultz, Linda Hilsinger, S. Kate Holohan, S. Maureen Irvin, Becky Koors, Carolyn Meyer, Betsy Savare, Jane Schaefer, Janet Sturwold, S. Barbara Piller, S. Cleopha Werner
For additional information about the Associates of the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, please contact Carolyn Meyer or Jane Schaefer, Co-Directors of Associates.